The official recycling drop-off center is the Juneau County Landfill on County Hwy B. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursay from 8:00am—3:30pm and Saturday from 8:00am—12:00pm. Please register before dropping off your recyclables. These guidelines must be followed:
1. Aluminum and aluminum cans
The following can be recycled at no cost:
2. Tin cans—clean
3. Glass: Anything made entirely of glass (no window glass, ceramics, china, light bulbs
or TV tubes)
4. Yard Waste, Clippings—compost pile
5. Plastics:PET 1 & 2 containers, i.e. milk jugs, soda bottles (no tarps, toys, tools,
cottage cheese, egg cartons or styrofoam)
6. Cardboard:Corrugated boxes (no styrofoam or plastic packing materials)
7. Paper:Non-corrugated boxes, junk mail, newsprint, anything made of paper
(no paper towels, tissues, or wax coated items)
8. Auto and Household Batteries
9. Used Motor Oil
10. Computer Printers and Keyboards
1. Used tires (any size): $.15/lb
2. Fluorescent bulbs: $1.00 each
3. Items containing freon (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners): $20.00 each
4. Computer monitors,TV's and hard drives: $15.00 each
5. Hot water heaters, washers, dryers, scrap metal, stoves, furnaces: $.03/lb
6. Microwaves $5.00 each.
7. Mattresses $10.00 each.
If you see anyone littering town roads, check for the license number and type of vehicle and report it to any Town Official. Persons found guilty of littering receive substantial fines.
In September 2002, Juneau County Board of Supervisors updated several ordinances, including
Chapter 9.06 Minimum Standards for Unlicensed Junk Accumulations.
If you would like to file a complaint against a suspect property, please contact a Town Official in
order to fill out a complaint form. Complaints can be filed anonymously. The situation will be
investigated and addressed at the Town level, if possible. If resolution is unable to be made at the
Town level, the complaint will be turned over to the County for handling.